Basement Home Theater Ideas
As the leading provider of high-quality and cost-efficient home improvement and remodeling work in all our service areas, our project planners and designers at Brown Building Contractors receive hundreds of requests for innovative small basement home theater ideas annually.
We entertain many clients who spend weeks surfing the internet with terms like “home theater in basement ideas,” “home theater ideas basement,” or “low-end audio home theater ideas for basement” and get no professional opinions from qualified individuals. Whether you’re looking for ways to improve the look of your basement, upgrade the performance of your sound system, or manage cables more efficiently so that no one trips over them in the dark, we’ve got you covered.
Things to Consider Before Designing a Home Theater in Basement
Size of Home Theater
The most important thing to consider when building your home theater is the screen size you’re buying. If you’re getting a TV, our experts recommend getting the largest OLED display within your budget for optimum immersion. For projectors, follow these rules:
- Five times its width is the maximum viewing distance without losing clarity
- Twice the width of your projector screen is its minimum viewing distance
Color of Home Theater
Ambient lighting can make viewing movies and even daytime TV a more immersive experience. Philips offers a home theater ambient lighting setup called HUE that matches the color of LED light strips to the movie you’re watching, making you feel like you’re inside the screen.
Controlled LED rope lights on steps, under the seats, and on the baseboards will help your guests avoid tripping. Installing blackout curtains in different colors is one of the most innovative home theater ideas for basement lightwells.
Sound Quality and Sound Proofing
Our technicians improve sound fidelity by eliminating airborne and structure-based sounds. We install thicker drywall, decouple double-stud walls from external structures, and install sound-dampening foams to eliminate echoes and ambient noise.
5 Basement Home Theater Ideas in Basement
Whether you’re looking for basement home theater decor ideas or performance upgrades, follow our tips below to get the most bang for your buck:
- Install an Atmos and DTS-X capable surround system. Most models have left, right, rear, and center channel speakers.
- Turning off the motion smoothing on your projector or screen is the most underrated of the hundreds of home theater basement ideas you can find online. It will eliminate the soap opera effect on your content.
- Install warm-colored overhead lighting and wall sconces if you’re looking for basement home theater design ideas to make your industrial-looking space look more welcoming.
- Install production prints of your favorite movie posters. We recommend buying from genuine manufacturers as they always use high-quality paper.
- Cinephiles argue that a snack bar is the greatest of the many basement home theater ideas passed down for countless generations. Our technicians agree.
Contact Us Today
Brown Building Contractors love providing the best entertainment experience possible for families and their guests through exceptional sound paneling layouts, projector placements, and OLED viewing angles. Contact us today for more basement home theater ideas by calling 360-459-1043 and requesting a free consultation.
We Are Local: